Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Beautiful Uses for Honey - Mini Beauty Treatments
Save money by replacing expensive beauty products with natural
Honey can replace seven expensive Beauty Products.
Seven Mini Beauty Treatments:
1. Cleansing Scrub: Honey mixed with ground almonds makes an excellent facial cleansing scrub.
2. Skin Firming Mask: A tablespoon of honey whisked together with an egg white, 1 teaspoon of glycerin and about 1/4 cup of flour makes an excellent firming mask. Smooth on the face, leave on 15 minutes, and rinse off with warm water.
3. Skin Moisturizer: Honey also makes a great moisturizing pack. Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 teaspoons of whole milk, smooth over the face and throat, and let it do its job for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water, and finish splashing with cold water.
4. Lotion for Dry Patches: Honey also makes a great lotion for dry patches of skin on hands, elbows, or other parts. Just mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply to hands, elbows, heels of your foot, etc., and wash off after 15 minutes. Fast relief!
5. Cure for Chapped Lips and Acne: Honey works well on chapped lips and for acne because it has antibacterial properties.
6. Conditioner for Dull Hair: To give your hair lustrous shine, mix 1 teaspoon of honey into 4 cups of warm water. Use as a hair rinse. And if you're a blond, add the juice of 1 lemon, too.
7. Antibacterial Mouthwash: Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with a cup of warm water. Use it as a mouthwash. Honey cleans teeth and dentures, and kills germs in the mouth.
Natural beauty treatments save you money and are a great way
to Go Green!